Tuesday 5 July 2011

Odd combinations!

Recently, I tasted this kaddoo sabzi one of my colleagues had made; it was cooked with peanuts,  and I really liked it. This morning, one of my friends talked about cooking pasta with potatoes and paav bhaji masala. I got really curious since I've never had (sadly) the ability or the guts to mix up wholly unheard-of combinations. I mean I do experiment, but not to that extent. So I started reading up on Indian recipes that have strange combinations of ingredients in them and I came across a few that I would definitely like to try.

The first one was Rajma with gobhi. It looks really interesting. This is the link.

Ever heard of torai (ridge gourd) cooked with prawns. Check this out.

Ok, another one...gobhi and chholey. I've heard of it, just never tried it. This is the link.

I also tasted a bhindi-karela sabzi, but that was more a result of oversight, than deliberation. :) It was good, but I hadn't expected anyone else to have tried this combination. It turns out that I was wrong. Check this out.



No comments:

Post a Comment