Tuesday 10 January 2012

Update

Apologies for being MIA, once again! Deadlines beckoned and took over my life. I'm back now, but I will not make promises this time to remain regular. Simple reason - I don't intend to make promises I cannot keep. 

Ok, enough with the mundane, now about whats new - so, I've tried out and of course, tasted, some lovely food over the past couple of weeks (it WAS Christmas and New Years, you know!). My father-in-law sent over some gorgeous, homemade Christmas cake, some of which I have been secretly hoarding since. My husband made lovely chicken curry and chicken biryani. I tried making Alfredo sauce from scratch - an experiment that turned out to be pretty good, if I say so myself. Then, there were Gujarati khatti-meethi dal, paneer bhurji, maah ki dal, aloo-matar dry, Punjabi aloo-gobhi and a host of different kinds of sambhar (with torai, with onions and with drum-sticks). Phew! thats a lot of eating for two weeks.

This month, I plan to put up a review of an Awadhi food festival at the Park Plaza that was sent by a couple of readers. I will also put up recipes for some of the dishes that I've mentioned here. The 'Blast from the Past' series will continue and I also plan to review another new restaurant this month. So fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. We are so glad you are back Flavours! We missed you! I loved your post about the Seven-Sisters and your statement that just one 2-page article does not do justice to the amazing region and its cuisine. Any North-east restaurants in Mumbai? Please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I haven't come across any restaurants in Mumbai serving food from India's northeast. There are Bengali restaurants that may serve some of the specialities from the 'seven sisters', I guess. Of course, there are caterers who serve Manipuri meals at weddings etc. I know for sure that there is a Manipuri cuisine home delivery service in Bangalore. I know New Delhi has a few Assamese restaurants and also dabbawalas that deliver Assamese homestyle food.

      Delete