Wednesday 22 June 2011

Gourmet adventures

Ok, so I've been cooking a lot over the past few days and remarkably, everything has turned out pretty well, so far. I tried the baghare baigan, in fact, I made enough for a whole baraat!

My poor father (who is currently visiting us) and my husband had to have it for more than a couple of meals, which was when they threw in the towel. I, of course, trudged along. Well prepared baigan more than twice in a row - definitely no misery for me!

I also tried a couple of lauki recipes, at the risk of depressing the inmates. Luckily, both of them turned out very well. The first one had diced lauki, some mangori and yogurt. For the other one, I grated lauki, added some fresh corn, spices and besan and made koftas. These koftas I added to a very thick tomato-based gravy.

Will try this chicken recipe, given by one of my friends, over the weekend. Lets see how that turns out.

2 comments:

  1. I will try this recipe this week. Can feel the call of the bhagara-baingan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Itishree Yes, it is the most awesomest!

    ReplyDelete