Tuesday 28 June 2011

Random thoughts

So I came across this really interesting article about 'inauthentic' Chinese cuisine being served...in China!!! This is the link.

Biryani purists may look down their noses at me all they like but I will admit publicly that I am obsessed with Egg Biryani these days. Especially the Egg Biryani that this one tiny joint next to my place prepares. Of course, it tastes more like Egg Masala Rice, despite the use of fried onions and saffron; but whatever it is, it tastes really really good.

And since there is a dearth of good lunch options at my work place (I feel that we'll all have to  quit eating soon judging from the way food prices are increasing!), I find myself relying increasingly on Maggi cup noodles. Taste yummy but I'm sure pre-prepared food out of a cup is not really good for me. So tomorrow, I'm going to try a dabba, lets see if it works.

Oh and do read this. It is an Americanized version of the gobhi-matar sabzi with a bit of variation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment