Wednesday 14 March 2012

Thoughts

Ever wonder why - what is it about 'lauki' or 'tinda' that makes kids as well as some adults absolutely loathe them? I mean I've never come across a kid that would willingly put some lauki or tinda in his/her mouth. In fact, if it weren't for the excellent 'digestive properties' of these two, few adults would have them either. The truth is that no one is born liking these vegetables for their taste; some people just train themselves into liking them. Come to think of it, children don't like greens either - what kid would actually ask the mother for a bowlful of spinach because its his/her favourite food? I remember my mother used to put spinach in dal in order to make us eat it with minimal fuss; little did she know that I hated dal palak. I like it now, but growing up,dal palak would be enough to depress me.

No comments:

Post a Comment