Friday 16 March 2012

Food List

So someone just asked me what would I want to eat if I knew that it would be my last meal. And I instantly thought of Hyderabadi Biryani - I don't know why. Maybe it was because it was a treat that I grew up on, my dad makes lovely biryani. The very next second, of course, there were other dishes that were clamouring for attention in my mind. Mutton with bati; lal masoor dal and bhindi sabzi served with rice and some onion-tomato-cucumber kachumber raita; cheesy lasagna; chicken tortilla soup; chilli chicken (my mom's recipe); Theobroma chocolate brownies; freshly baked, homemade banana-coffee-nut bread; keema parathas; kathi kebabs;  oooh and Brittania's  Salli Boti and Berry Pulav; bhuttey ka pulav served with gattey ki sabzi; tamatar-aloo sabzi with hot pooris; shami kebabs;.............Obviously, my list was endless. I noticed two things about this list of mine - one, that my list was predominantly made up of non-vegetarian food and two, that it was almost all savoury - dessert hardly had any space. So, not to sound all morbid or anything, but what would your last meal be?

No comments:

Post a Comment