Thursday 7 April 2011

World Cup Biryani

Yay!!! India won the World Cup!!! Watched the match till the very end, when Dhoni's boundary put a poetic full stop to it. Loved it!! With the game on, we ordered some biryani from Lucky Biryani and some wine from the store nearby. And what a party it was!!

While I won't claim that Lucky's biryani is the tastiest I've ever had, I will concur that it is better than some of the other stuff that passes for biryani in Mumbai. My fav biryani, has been and will remain, my father's version of the Hyderabadi Biryani served with Mirchi Ka Salan. Yum!!

2 comments:

  1. I am craving the legendary Hyderabadi biryaani and mirchon ka saalan that you talk about! I wish I could apparate (hint: reading Harry Potter currently) and appear back in time - a certain hot day in Delhi in June of 1997, when back from an exhausting Vaishno Devi trip and after battling a seige of white ants, a family of 4 collapsed in fatigue. The father, finding amazing strength and love for the family, created a sumptuous meal of delicate, mint-flavored biryaani with thick, beautiful raaita. Memories of this food makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh ya! I definitely do remember that one. It was just a gorgeous experience overall.

    ReplyDelete