Saturday 12 March 2011

The Food Bible - Ten Commandments to Satisfactory Eating at a Lunch Buffet

I love buffets and leave no stone unturned to discover new places that serve good lunch buffets. Mainland China, Firangipani, China Gate, Global Fusion, ...I've probably eaten at all lunch buffets in Andheri and Bandra. The problem with eating at a buffet is that you end up not doing justice to all the food on display. And you end up leaving dissatisfied for not getting your money's worth. Being foodies through and through, my homie Chelsea Dagger (one of my musketeers in my food adventures, the other one being my husband) and I have come up with a guideline for doing justice to a lunch buffet.
1. Thou shall remember that a buffet is a marathon, and not a sprint.
2. Thou shall have no breakfast on the morning of the buffet; thou shall have a couple of pieces of chocolate to sustain thyself until lunchtime.
3. Thou shall arrive early, preferably as soon as the restaurant opens for lunch.
4. Thou shall be attired in loose-fitting clothes.
5. Thou shall always say 'no' to soup, even if they offer you nectar.
6. Thou shall pace thyself through the appetizers.
7. Thou shalt not covet another man's a-la-carte order, even if it is crab.
8. Thou shall eat slowly.
9. Thou shall leave no dish untasted.
10. Thou shall always have the time and space for dessert offerings.

If the above rules are followed, I can guarantee, you will never feel like you've walked out of any buffet without your money's worth (unless of course, the restaurant itself is not good)!

5 comments:

  1. Excellent Idea! Shall follow it in future, for I felt cheated during a buffet at an Andheri joint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. This shall be my Golden Rule book from now on - never to forget when going for a buffet meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. This always help me out, even if you follow just 50% of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Awesome. My favorite commandments are 1, 5, 7...hmmm 2 and 3 .... actually all of them. They are Hi-larious!! (as Chelsea Dagger would say it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Purple Haze Do follow them when you go for the buffet this weekend.

    ReplyDelete