Friday 3 February 2012

Updates

First update - On 26th January, we went for this awesome trek in Matheran. And I got to have biryani at Shabbirbhai Biryaniwale for the very first time. At that time, I didn't know that it was such an institution amongst biryani-lovers. The mutton biryani there was just delicious - the masala was perfectly cooked, it was not overpowering and the spice content was low. I even told the owner that he should think about opening up a restaurant in Mumbai.  I would recommend this biryani to every biryani-loving person who goes to Matheran. I even took pictures of the biryani. 

I will also try other items on their menu next time I happen to be in Matheran, especially the 'Dal Gosht'.

Second update - I made kohlrabi (also known as gaanth gobhi or German turnip) sambhar last night, it turned out to be great. Since this was the first time that I was cooking this vegetable, I was a bit apprehensive about it. All I knew about it was that it was from the turnip family and that it is used profusely in Kashmiri cuisine - I never once got the courage to pick one of these up and experiment. But after last night's sambhar,  made on my husband's request, I would definitely like to try out other kohlrabi recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment