Wednesday 10 October 2012

I'm back!

I apologize about the disappearing act. Had been sick and then busy with guests; also busy at work. But I guess these are just excuses. When you want to write, you write and I guess, the truth is that I didn't want to. For a long time. But I'm back now. 

Well, at lunch today, someone pointed out that the sabzi in my tiffin was a weird combination. I've taken to bringing food from home 3 days in a week and this morning, for lack of options, I had cooked corn and potatoes dry, in a base of onion-tomato and ginger-garlic paste. So I did a quick google search to see if the combination was really unusual. Turns out that it really isn't - plenty of bloggers have put up recipies combining corn and potatoes.

Some other odd-couple combos in Indian cuisine that I found were - cauliflower and chick peas; peas and pumpkin; karela (bittergourd) and bhindi (okra); potato, eggplant and peas; eggplants and spinach; cauliflower and methi (fenugreek leaves). Ever tried cooking any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment