Wednesday 22 August 2012

Raw banana cutlets

So last night, I had to cook dinner for some guests after work. Alongside my standard vegetarian fare (the guest was vegetarian), I needed something that could jazz up the meal. I love raw bananas, I love how well they take Indian masalas and their meaty texture. And I had a bunch sitting in the refrigerator, so I thought of making raw banana cutlets. The recipe I have is an extremely simple, pared down version of a recipe I use for making raw banana kofta curry.  

Ingredients:
4 raw bananas
2 medium sized onions, diced small
Salt to taste
3/4 tsp Garam masala
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Vegetable oil to shallow fry the cutlets

Method:

1. Remove the tops and bottoms of the bananas and cut each into two.

2. Boil these bananas. Peel, mash and set aside.

3. In a pan, heat extra virgin olive oil. Add the diced onions and saute until golden brown. Add the salt and garam masala.

4. Add the bananas and saute it until the bananas are mixed well with the onion mixture.

5. Take off the heat and keep aside to cool.

6. Once cooled, shape the mixture into cutlets.

7. On a non-stick pan, heat vegetable oil. Shallow fry the cutlets on low heat until deep golden brown.

Serve these piping hot with imli chutney. You could also serve it with sambhar and rice like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment