Tuesday 28 February 2012

Sunday Adventures

So Sunday proved to be a very interesting culinary adventure - I cooked up a storm (by my standards!). My husband had been asking me to make pancakes and so this Sunday, I made pancakes, and served them with maple syrup, honey and fresh strawberries.


In the evening, there was makki-ki-roti and sarson ka saag for dinner. I had bought some mustard greens and some bathua (white goosefoot or pigweed) the previous day from an organic store close by. I cooked both the greens together and then added some onion-ginger-garlic masala that had been cooked with tomatoes and spices. And instead of adding butter to the dish, I just cooked the masala in some ghee. I was pretty happy with the results, especially since this was my first time making sarson ka saag.


4 comments:

  1. This is amazing!
    I loved the way the pancakes looked! The makki roti made my heart go "patter-pit"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Itishree Thank you! I'm glad you liked the pancakes and the makki-ki-roti.

      Delete