Friday 27 May 2011

Egg Fry

Ok, now that I've gotten started with the recipes, I think I should put up a few more. Last night, my husband whipped up this amazingly delicious Egg Fry. I must share it with you.

Ingredients:

5 hard-boiled eggs, each sliced into two
4 medium-sized onions, finely sliced
3 tomatoes, finely diced
1tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp + a pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
3/4 tsp coriander powder
Salt to taste
10-12 curry leaves
1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced
2 tbsp dry grated coconut
3 tbsp + 2 tbsp cooking oil

Method:

1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick saucepan. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and 4-5 curry leaves.
2. Shallow fry eggs in this. Keep aside.
3. In a non-stick pan, heat 3 tbsp oil. Add sliced onions. Saute for 1 minute.
4. Add the remaining curry leaves and sliced green chilli.
5. Saute the onions until golden brown in colour.
6. Add the diced tomatoes.
7. Cook until the tomatoes become soft and the onion-tomato mix comes together.
8. Add the turmeric, coriander and chilli powders. Add the salt.
9. Cook until oil appears on the sides.
10. Add half a cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Add the grated coconut.
12. Add the fried eggs and fold them into the masala.

My husband served this with parathas but I think it would go equally well with chappatis or pooris. This is a must-try simple recipe and I aim to replicate it soon.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! I love eggs... I can have eggs with almost everything and cooked in any form - and I'm not talking only about chappatis or rice here.. I can have eggs with daal, sambar....hmmm ...although i haven't tried it with curd rice... basically it like 'achar' to me :).

    I'm going to try this recipe over the weekend.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is it - I am trying this recipie this weekend!
    Beware eggs, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Purple Haze So did you try it out?

    @Itishree What about you?

    ReplyDelete