Wednesday 4 May 2011

Confession

I have to confess. I have sinned. I gave in to temptation.
But in my defence, the temptation was strong enough to tempt Kate Moss into actually eating!

It all began very innocently. I had some work with my tailor in Lokhandwala, after which I started looking for an auto to take me home. All of a sudden, I found that I couldn't move. My nose buds had been trapped by delicious aromas of fried eggs and parathas. I frantically looked around and saw that in my quest to find an auto, I had actually walked up to'Breadkraft'! That tiny little place that offers heavenly-tasting rolls.

Of course, there was that ubiquitous line of giggling teenagers, queueing up in front. And of course, I just found myself joining it, no longer in control, my self-discipline (I'm supposed to be on an all-vegetarian, 'no outside food allowed' diet) blown to shreds.

The famed Breadkraft roll (certified by Burrp) is nothing but a white wheat paratha, shallow-fried with an egg (or a couple of eggs, who cares once you are there!!!), some filling (they have a HUGE list of different fillings), sliced onions, some dry spice seasoning and a dash of vinegar, all rolled up into big-fat-goodness. I would also take this opportunity to disagree with people who call it a Kathi Roll or a Frankie. Actually, a Breadkraft roll is neither. It is its own separate entity.

The one that I ended up feasting on was a simple Chicken Roll. Breadkraft makes its own chicken filling, it is some spicy, very red, concoction, that borders on chicken curry, only thicker. You can have your chicken roll with cheese or paneer or even mayonnaise. So your standard chicken roll gets a bit more 'oozy' than a Kathi Roll or a Frankie. And yes, for all the detractors, it IS heavy and  it IS  greasy enough to make your arteries clog instantly. But I still love it once in a while.

If I go into all the options they have available, it would probably take me a few more blog posts. So wisely, I will just end here and say that my 'sin' yesterday was definitely worth it.


2 comments:

  1. I love this one... hahaahahhaha.....
    Now I'm tempted to try the Breadkraft rolls!!!

    -Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Purple Haze: Thank you, Sowmya. You must definitely try them. They are worth it! Even the vegetarian Aloo Tikki Roll (I think its called that) is amazing, I've been told.

    ReplyDelete